Now that you have a well-seasoned grill and clean patio furniture, it's time to invite your friends over for a cookout. However, no matter how much you try to keep the party outside, sangria and ketchup stains always seem to find their way onto carpets and upholstery. Follow the tips below to keep your carpet and upholstery looking like new!
Removing Organic Stains (Sangria, Juice, Ink, Mud, etc.):
- Soak up any excess liquid or residue from the stain prior to treating.
- Use an oxy cleaner, such as Zep Commercial's Advanced Oxy Carpet & Upholstery Stain Remover to properly treat the stain.
- Spray the product generously on the stain and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes. If you have deep pile carpets, simply work the product into the carpet pile with a clean rag.
- Allow to dry, then vacuum area.
Removing Grease or Makeup Stains:
- Use a stain remover that is designed for oil-based stains, like Zep Commercial's Instant Spot Remover.
- Shake, then spray the product directly onto the stain.
- Gently swab the area with water and blot dry with a towel or rag. For older stains, let it stand for a minute to loosen the stain before blotting.
Removing Pet Stains and Odors:
- For dog or cat urine stains, use a combination of newspapers and paper towels to soak up as much of the liquid as possible.
- Use an enzyme-based product to not only remove the stain but deodorize the spot as well, like Zep Commercial's Pet Stain and Odor Remover.
- Spray product onto the spot, working from the outside in. Then gently blot with a damp cloth.
- Allow to dry, then vacuum area to finish the job.
By Cleaning Like A Pro™, even summer's most stubborn carpet and upholstery stains will be a distant memory before it's time to flip your first burgers!